Tuning Nightmare

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by voxtroller, Nov 7, 2011.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Don't kill the SR5 just yet if you like it. This isn't a 35" scale issue. Have you tried a new set of strings different from the ones that you seemingly can't get to intonate correctly? Bad sets do happen.

2. voxtroller

voxtroller

Aug 20, 2011
    austin
    I love my SR5 but im desperate and looking for a quick fix if possible since i have 2wks left in our recording session. Im definitely keeping my SR5 and getting it worked out. I talked to Chuck at Bass Emporium and he said he'll check out my SR5 and see if will can get that situated before selling me another bass.

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Ok so
    1. have you tried a new individual string or new set of strings?
    2. have you had Bass Emporium set it up? they are excellent and i have used them numerous times in the past.

4. voxtroller

voxtroller

Aug 20, 2011
    austin
    1. Yes. I tried a new individual string.
    2. No. I initially went to Bass Emporium for set up but they had a 3wk turnaround which i couldnt do. I took it to Mark Erlewine at Elrewine Guitars

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Ok, just making sure. :)

You could ask Bass Emporium if they know anyone who rents instruments in Austin. I know there are places that do this, and that might be an option?

6. voxtroller

voxtroller

Aug 20, 2011
    austin
    I back at the studio and my bass is now in tune. I went to Bass Emporium and Chuck checked out my bass, said nothing was wrong with my bass and it was intonated but he didnt like the strings. He recommended DR Lowriders and that solved my issue. Thanks for all the advice, friends.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021