1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Turner Renaissance RB5-FL bass FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by glee3d, Apr 17, 2019.

1. glee3d

glee3d

Mar 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Price:
    $2750.00
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    052120 Turner1.jpg 052120 Turner2.jpg 052120 Turner5.jpg 052120 Turner11.jpg 052120 Turner13.jpg 052120 Turner14.jpg Turner RB5i3.jpg Turner RB5i4.jpg Turner RB5i5.jpg Turner RB5i6.jpg Turner RB5i7.jpg Turner RB5i12.jpg Turner RB5i18.jpg Turner RB5i19.jpg Turner RB5i20.jpg Fretless Rick Turner Renaissance electric bass. This instrument was originally one of 2 built for professional bassist Ric Fierabracci in 2005. Serial Number is 05-2120

All Renaissance Series instruments feature D-TAR Wavelength, 18-volt preamp and our own Turner Timberline coaxial piezo pick-up system which produces a full-frequency amplified acoustic tone. Our unique instruments are perfect for recording and live performance under any conditions, and they have proven roadworthy around the world.

The Renaissance RB5-FL bass feature a graphite-reinforced maple neck, graphite string saddle and integrated dingus strap-button extender for enhanced balance. Low-tension strings designed for piezoelectric pickups produce an upright-like tone.

Electronics - We use a D-TAR Timberline pickup system that features a coaxial piezo polymer pickup element mounted in a curve bottomed slot in the bridge with a bone or carbon fiber saddle transferring the string pressure variations from vibrations into the pickup which transduces those vibrations into an electrical signal. Because the pickup senses 360 degrees around it’s core, you get both direct string sound as well as the warmth of the wood of the body. Pickup installation is all about location, location, location, as well as the exact geometry of the saddle/pickup/bridge interfaces, and we have taken great care to optimize installation including tilting the saddle back at an angle of 7 degrees to better split the “break angle” of the string as it goes over the saddle and down into the body.

That pickup signal is matched to an 18 volt preamp which provides a bit of a signal boost as well as conditioning the pickup impedance to run down long cables and match the input characteristics of typical amplifiers. Earlier instruments used two 9 Volt batteries; newer ones use two “AA” cells with a 6X voltage multiplier circuit to achieve the same headroom as with the two 9 volt batteries.

• Finish - gloss tobacco 2-tone sunburst
    • Top - Book matched flamed maple
    • Back & Sides - flamed maple sides, book-matched back flamed
    • Binding - Custom Tortoise Shell with Rope Purling
    • Neck Wood - Maple with Carbon Fiber
    • Fingerboard - Rosewood with custom exclamation point fretboard markers
    • Peghead - Veneer Maple
    • Tuning Machines - Gotoh Delta 510
    • 5lbs 8oz
    Currently strung with Tomastick-Infeld as from the factory, and an additional 4-string set is included along with the short ebony dingus. Long dingus is attached to the instrument as per the photos.

Please look at all the photos and ask any questions about the instrument.

robassable, the_home, fritzk9 and 3 others like this.
  2. the_home

the_home Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    I have neither the funds nor the skills necessary to make use of this bass, but holy cow is that a beautiful instrument! It's a work of art. Best of luck with you sale.

3. Ricky_K

Ricky_K Rick K Supporting Member

May 14, 2013
    St. Paul, MN
    Hello,
    I am very interested and will send another private message. Hope to connect with you soon.

4. glee3d

glee3d

Mar 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Got your message and have sent yopu a text. Let me know if you received it at your convienence.

George

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Not currently practicing Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Endorsements: your name could be here, Mr. Sadowsky!
    Beautiful bass, this is 35" scale?

6. glee3d

glee3d

Mar 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK

Yes it is...

7. glee3d

glee3d

Mar 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK

Thank you for the nice thoughts !

8. robassable

robassable Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Holy Moly...stupendous! These are wonderful basses. Thats must be the nicest looking RB5 I've seen yet.

glee3d likes this.
  9. glee3d

glee3d

Mar 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Yes, It's a beaut. Rick does nice work....

10. Philip Gay

Philip Gay

Apr 19, 2019
    Boston
    Is the fifth a high C?

11. ben avner

ben avner

Feb 26, 2015
    hi, are you still selling the bass ? l;etme know thanks

12. glee3d

glee3d

Mar 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Bass is sold, I thank you all for your interest!

13. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    May be a good idea to change the status of your ad to “sold”.

glee3d and ben avner like this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021