I used medium viscosity cyanoacrylate glue on my maple fingerboard neck. I watched a bunch of youtube videos, read the defretting thread above and the Dan Erlewine fretless conversion. Black plastic in the fret slots. Nothing was difficult, just time consuming and vent the area you are working in. I didn't use accellerator on the CA, but would put a layer down and come back the next day to add another layer. Wear gloves, safety goggles and a respirator when applying the stuff. Lots of sanding/wet sanding parallel to the string paths. The CA glue is clear and I brought it up to a pretty good polish using the micro-mesh pads from stewmac (available elsewhere). I really love how it sounds and plays.