1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two Heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    Can anyone with two heads in their rig post pics and a quick run down of what they're both used for and possibley the signal chain etc?

Just curious :smug:

2. wingnut

wingnut

Apr 18, 2007
    Las Vegas Nv.
    No pics, but it's fairly simple. I run from the tuner out to the input of the other head. I use this set up for very large or loud outdoor gigs. I also use it when I have to play a particularly troublesome room that is hard to get the sound out to the audience in. If you let us know what kind of rig you're trying to do this with, we can help you more.

3. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    You can do it 2 ways. You can either run a Y box, or you can Slave one head to the other, so you only have to worry about 1 amps controls.

4. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    voila

[​IMG]

The rack effects unit has stereo output, so....

5. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    i have an svt3, i'm not really thinking about setting up somethign like this, just wanted to know more about it and why people do do it

6. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    I do it because I like the meatiness of 15"s and also the real responsive top of a marshall throgh 12" celestions in a sealed box. I also like being able to run stereo effects - i.e. chorus or pitch shift that bypasses the low rig or run distortion on either rig.

I can and do gig with just the SVT and 15"s, but for rock gigs on a fretted bass with fresh strings, the whole as pictured is pretty spectacular and very flexible.