1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two Issues, shouldn't be too hard

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by aarono, Mar 21, 2006.

1. aarono

aarono

Feb 14, 2006
    Minnesota
    First up is my E String. Whenever I play finger style open on it, if I strike it with anything harder than light-medium force it makes a light sound almost as if a full pill bottle is being shaken. Havn't noticed it coming out of the cab, but very annoying when not playing through equipment.

Second, the other day I removed washers from the neck pocket without removing the strings but instead making them very loose. I've begun to notice that lately my D string above the nut is higher than the rest of the strings, so while the others tend to bow down and when they pass the nut the D string will continue in a straight line.

Doesn't exactly look natural or right, so I have a feeling something is wrong here.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    What kind of bass is it?

3. aarono

aarono

Feb 14, 2006
    Minnesota
    Peavey Millenium JB Plus.

4. aarono

aarono

Feb 14, 2006
    Minnesota
    Talked to a good ol teacher of mine in the past, he is going to adjust it for me. Better yet, opened many doors of possibilities, etc.