Two more for oh-four...

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Damon Rondeau, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Folks, a couple more Gentlemen of Lowness have volunteered their wares for perusal. Please give a big hand to:
    • Kip Maercklein -- posting a couple of tracks, backing up his wife, chanteuse Geanie Stout
    • Jason Sypher -- he came down from the mountain and laid this down for y'all. Really.

Check it out.
  2. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    WOW! Jason! Hot spit! What a tasty bit! I bet you stop shows every time you whip that out, and I bet you dropped a couple of jaws up in the hill country too! Wooo-hoo!
  3. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Damn, Jason that is some funky sh#t.
  4. Cool stuff Jason. Didn't I hear a little of Earl Scruggs' Rueben mixed in there?
  5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Just gave a listen to "Limehouse Blues" and really loved the manic forward motion of the band. It must be a gas playing in that style. Nicely done, and tons of fun.

No, I didn't intend to rhyme... :rolleyes:
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Was the trumpet player a jazz guy? Do you remember how old he was or what he looked like? Now I'm curious...

The Sampler thing is up and down, and kinda fickle. Sometimes business is booming, sometimes only lurkers are listening, sometimes everyone's too busy, etc. I've been listening to a cut or two per day at lunchtime on the fast connection at the U., but when I get home to my beautiful wife, cute kid, and 56K modem, can guess where my time goes. :) If I get a minute, I'll check out the Django stuff tomorrow or Friday. Keep on thumpin!
  7. Savino

Jun 2, 2004
    Man JASON!

I love your tracks bud. the train tune is bad! Im sure youve heard Taraf da Haidouks from romania. their bass player slaps like that. I freak when I hear him. I hope we cross paths someday soon :)
  8. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
  9. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    The Cleo's thing is a open mic for singers, dubbed by a great singer friend of mine as 'Singer Hell'. I usually hang out for the late night session that goes from 11-3. THis can be a great session at times, and certainly was last night!
  10. jasper54

Mar 18, 2005

great great GREAT!

I also just got the jimmyjohnnyjoecd from cd baby, it sounds incredible.

your playing and tone are killer.

any other cd's available I can find of you and/or your band?

beginning player hack :)
  11. jasper54

Mar 18, 2005
    Thanks Jason,

I look forward to hearing them

off to build blisters,

12. jasper54

Mar 18, 2005
    Also, Jason, one more thing...

Do you happen to remember the mic(s) used when you recorded
    The Pencil Factory Blues?

The timbre of your bass is well captured and feels hearty and alive.

13. tzadik

Jan 6, 2005
    Man, Jason, your stuff is ALL really neat. I dig very much.