Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Two problems with my bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Trist6075, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    I have this acoustic/electric bass and recently I've noticed these two problems that seem to be with the bass. I get this really loud sound when I plug it into my amp if i touch the wire near the input of the bass. Its like an unbearably loud noise if i touch the wire but it doesn't happen with my other electric bass with the same wire. Then I just put some new strings on it and they seem to go out of tune right after i tune them? Anyone know what's up with this? Alright thanks,

Tristan

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Sounds like you might have a dodgy output jack in your bass. If you don't know how to take a look at it you will want to take it in to a tech.

It takes a while to break in new strings. You can speed this up by loosening your tension 1 turn of the tuning machine, pulling on the string firmly, tighten 1/4 of a turn, pull on the string, repeat, repeat, tune. Pull the string firmly but do not try and use it like a bow and arrow!

:D

Joe.

3. simplified version of that: tune down to D or something. you'll find later on that your out of tune. keep on working on tuning your bass