Two problems with my bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Trist6075, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    I have this acoustic/electric bass and recently I've noticed these two problems that seem to be with the bass. I get this really loud sound when I plug it into my amp if i touch the wire near the input of the bass. Its like an unbearably loud noise if i touch the wire but it doesn't happen with my other electric bass with the same wire. Then I just put some new strings on it and they seem to go out of tune right after i tune them? Anyone know what's up with this? Alright thanks,

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Sounds like you might have a dodgy output jack in your bass. If you don't know how to take a look at it you will want to take it in to a tech.

It takes a while to break in new strings. You can speed this up by loosening your tension 1 turn of the tuning machine, pulling on the string firmly, tighten 1/4 of a turn, pull on the string, repeat, repeat, tune. Pull the string firmly but do not try and use it like a bow and arrow!

3. simplified version of that: tune down to D or something. you'll find later on that your out of tune. keep on working on tuning your bass