1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Typoglycemia

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Feb 28, 2005.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Just got this in an email from a friend today. Entertaining read:

Don't delete this because it looks weird. Believe it or not you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.
    UNQUOTE

2. I have a headache and all. :confused: Interesting.

3. I've seen this before, yet I'm always truly amazed at how easily you can actually read it...

4. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I read through it at the same speed I normally read. :eek: But maybe that's because I've seen this before.

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    You've still got to get the right letters in a word - spelling is important... slpeling is important... suplilng is important... (yes - that third one contains a deliberate misteak ;) ).

Wulf

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    [​IMG]

(Only because I don't have one that says "Last Year")

brad cook

7. I got something similar via email a while back. Only that one was MUCH longer, about a page or so. Funny thing was, my roommate for some odd reason actually had trouble reading it in a couple spots.