Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Typoglycemia

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Feb 28, 2005.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Just got this in an email from a friend today. Entertaining read:

Don't delete this because it looks weird. Believe it or not you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.
    UNQUOTE

2. I have a headache and all. :confused: Interesting.

3. I've seen this before, yet I'm always truly amazed at how easily you can actually read it...

4. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I read through it at the same speed I normally read. :eek: But maybe that's because I've seen this before.

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    You've still got to get the right letters in a word - spelling is important... slpeling is important... suplilng is important... (yes - that third one contains a deliberate misteak ;) ).

Wulf

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    [​IMG]

(Only because I don't have one that says "Last Year")

brad cook

7. I got something similar via email a while back. Only that one was MUCH longer, about a page or so. Funny thing was, my roommate for some odd reason actually had trouble reading it in a couple spots.