1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Um.. Does my contraption fit here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FiskFisk33, Feb 17, 2013.

1. FiskFisk33

FiskFisk33

Oct 3, 2011
    This won't end well but i just had to share!:bag:

2. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    mysmilie_2871.

That is excellent. I say it fits here.

3. Reminds me of the one string lap steel that Jack White builds at the beginning of "It May Get Loud." Also, it sounds a lot better than that thing Jack White built.

4. FiskFisk33

FiskFisk33

Oct 3, 2011
    Haha I am glad you like it!
    Yes it was definitely inspired by the diddley bow, but in the name of DIY i really didn't want to use a guitar pickup, like jack white did. With a broken computer standing in our bands rehearsal space i realized there's a big coil in the power supply, and a couple of good strong magnets in the harddrive. hdd magnets have four poles so i cut them in half to make normal 2-pole magnets and stacked the 4 pieces making a good magnet for the coil.

The whole thing being plastic and my fingers being, well, flesh made for a very weak strumming sound. Remembering though that the pizzicato sound of a violin is muffled in a similar manner i decided to try bowing it, instant love!

5. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Totally cool.