Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unbelieveable...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stompfrog, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Those things are pretty good though, right?

2. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    I think im going to put my bass whammy on ebay right now!!!

BTW, they arn't that good. Tracking can be very poor and can sound fake.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah it's also very difficult to use it for musical purposes unless you're REALLY experimental. The XP-100 Whammy Wah is a much better deal.

4. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    I don't really think so! :eyebrow:
    I've both had the XP-100 and the Bass Whammy... the second one is much better...
    Maybe the WH-4 is eaven better, but it can't go to the 4th down (while the Bass Whammy can't reach 2 octaves down and up)...

5. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    they're harder to find now. and since this one has UK adaptor, I could see how it fetched more.

I've sold a particular rare CD on ebay, it went for $99US. I've seen the same CD sell for 100+ GBP! go figure? same CD. Could it be that because it's listed in GBP, people in Europe bid higher? ie: since alot of stuff is more expensive in the UK, they're used to paying more? ie: like buying a $50 steak in Tokyo?

6. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Well I bought my Digitech Bass whammy off ebay here in the UK and paid just over £100 bout 6 months ago, must be a bargain then! But u know what ebay is like, people do over pay for things!

7. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I agree.

I sold mine, 360$.

I thought it was a very high price. If only I knew it could go even higher... :meh:

8. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Amazing...

Everyone I've spoken to say these things suck, and to buy a Regular Whammy pedal. I did, and it's great.

$200 new at any supermusicianstore.

Ted

9. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    You're just right but for example I chose to utilize the Bass Whammy instead of the WH-4 because the Bass can reach the 2nd up and down and the 4th down... while the WH-4 can't...

10. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Uhm..yes it can...

[​IMG]

11. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    I don't think the WH-4 can do a 5th up/OCT up like the bass whammy can