1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Union Station bass player

Discussion in 'Bluegrass [DB]' started by tyggis, Mar 13, 2008.

1. tyggis

tyggis

Mar 11, 2008
    Does anyone have a list over recordings of the Union Station bass player?

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That's Barry Bales, beautiful player! Just Google on him, he's done tons of stuff.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  4. For the next while ... The Fine Barry Bales (along with Union Station's guitarist / vocalist Dan Tyminski) is playing with The Dan Tyminski Band since Alison Krauss is taking a hiatus from Union Station. Check out Dan's website for the band and check the schedule: http://www.dantyminski.com/ . It truly is an Awesome Bluegrass Super-Group that probably will be short-lived but will play "real bluegrass" (as far as I'm concerned). Can't tell from your sparse profile where you live, but The Dan Band will be in the usual bluegrass heartland states, California, and at Grand Targhee Festival (in Idaho / Wyoming) where I will catch them next August ... Can hardly wait :D ! Barry's smooth as silk on bass in the bluegrass genre.

5. ZachDad

ZachDad

Aug 11, 2007
    Texas
    Howdy Bob! +1 on Barry and Dan! Man they make it look easy!

6. Howdy BackAtCha Zach :D ! Sorry, I haven't looked here fer acouple days. I don't know if we helped Tyggis here at all .... But .... Hey Tyggis, do like what was suggested .... Goggle Barry Bales. He gits around on bluegrass bass ... you'll find plenty of stuff he's done.

Zach .... you ever visit BlueGrassBassPlace ? You a member? If not, git over there and jump in. All things thumpy and bluegrass are happenin' there :p !

7. bluegrasscat

bluegrasscat

Aug 9, 2006
    SoCal
    AHHH YESSS!!! now i love Alison! espescially her old stuff! but you hit it good here buffalo:)
    Barry and Dan and company will be one of the best shows this year i think!!! i to cant wait till June, when i'll get to see them at the Huck Finn Jubilee in Victorville,Ca. straight up BLUEGRASS!! whats this bluegrassbassplace your talking about!! ;) lol :D

8. neslofalo

neslofalo

Mar 3, 2008
    mr tyggegummi,you should also check out mark fain if you like barry bales.he plays in kentucky thunder