Unique Bridges

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by BassMan257, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Hello, I wanted to either look for or make a 2 piece bridge (you know like on a les paul) that has an end peice (not the part with the saddles) that looks like the one on a violin...

I know there are ones similar to that design on a couple of the italia basses now, I just want to know where i could pick something like that up..

2. Greenman

Dec 17, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Check out Alembics bridges.:)
  3. DSB1

Mar 8, 2006
    If you're looking for something like what's on a Les Paul, I've seen some 4 and 5 string tuneomatics but I have no idea where one would find them.
  4. I meant, a "tailpiece"

got one for guitar... bass guitar anywhere?
  5. instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    how about a headless bridge. thats unique :)

btw, i need one. any idears?

theres abm, steinberger, and ets. whats the best choice?
  6. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    I believe that everyone replying so far has totally misunderstood the question. Read the first post again.
  7. MPU

MPU Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    Guitarjonesusa has Tuneomatic bass bridges in stock.
  8. You could go for a Hofner violin bass (expensive) floating bridge with tailpiece similar to a violin.... Jay Turser makes hofner replica maybe you could try and get a hand on some hardware....
  9. mcdade

Sep 27, 2004
    London (UK)
  10. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    MAke a drawing and find a metal workshop around the corner. May cost a lot or a bargain. I haven't seen any hardware maker doing it as standard, so I say the cost is a tossup between them and a local.

but, i guess that answers my question... its not going to be that easy to come across...

ps. thanks for the threadjack;)
  12. if you can't find any Jay Turser....... i suggest, if your bank account permit that you visit North Coast Music for genuine Hofner replacement parts... again, you'll need money....

EDIT- Or Maybe you could call jay turser themselves and have them answer you....

Jay Turser
    Guitars and Basses
    Music Industries Corp.Inc
    625 Locust Street
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-794-4099 (FAX)
  13. hmm.... it would be 130 some odd dollars for the setup... or if i could just find a nice piece of walnut.... and carve it...

its really not that important that the tail piece be like, to any sort of exact mesurement is it? just the saddles on the bridge right?

cause it would be quite easy to do then... well, not that easy, but not so expensive...