Unusual Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BenF, Apr 14, 2004.

1. BenF

Mar 29, 2001
    Boston area
    Strung BEAD, and played by Timmy C.
    From the Sadowsky "In Stock" page:

Style: Vintage 4-string
    Finish: Black
    Wood: Ash
    Fingerboard: Morado, 1-3/4" nut width
    Pickguard: Black-White-Black
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickups: Sadowsky Single Coil J
    Weight: 9.8 lbs.
    Comments: Circa April 2003. Volume/Volume/Vintage Tone/Stacked Preamp. Built for Tom Commerford (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave), has been on loan to him for the past 12 months, and is still set up to his specs. It is strung with the bottom four strings of a 5-string set and tuned B-E-A-D; will be converted to standard tuning and string gauges at no charge if requested. It's in perfect condition and was only used in the studio.
  2. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    What is unusual about this bass?
  3. BenF

Mar 29, 2001
    Boston area
    Good question.
    “Unusual” is, of course, relative but the title of the thread is Unusual Sadowsky, not Unusual Bass..:D Semantics aside, I’d be surprised if there’s another Sadowsky out there for sale that's been strung BEAD (by the shop, I assume) and played in the studio by a relatively well known, professional player.
  4. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Get your point;)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I wonder why Tim just didint buy the bass, does he use Sadowsky on the road i have only seen him with Fender.
  6. I don't think Tim is using Sadowsky basses.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I think he'd just do it to stick to Fender, while getting that Sadowsky tone in the studio.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

That makes sense, some people have an attacment to certain instruments they allways want to use.
  9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I held that bass, it's one HEAVY mofo. Felt alot heavier than 9.8 lbs... They told me why he sent it back, but I can't remember...
  10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Played it yesterday. Pretty cool with the BEAD setup. Neck felt wide at the nut like a precision. Don't know for sure but felt that way. Didn't plug it in. Played everything there yesterday. Wow. Used white 4 smoked, gold 4 smoked, O.white 5 smoked, seafoam green 4 really smoked!!! All others were fabulous, too. My new caramel burst 4 smokes, too. Thanx Nino.