1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Update...Changed opinion on Hartke strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DangerFlow_Nate, May 10, 2010.

1. I made a post awhile back how I thought hartke strings were a good deal. They sound decent new...and because they are so cheap (14 bucks for a set of 5) I was sold that it made sense to use them, mainly because i felt like i could afford to change strings more often.

However b4 one studio session I decided to try boomers and I felt the sound was superior..having more depth . Well, as time went on i realized that the strings werent dying nearly as fast as they would with the hartkes. Now i realize i was feeling the need 2 change the strings so often BECAUSE of the Hartke strings.

So bottom line... i will never buy hartkes again unless I am down to my last 15 bucks. Sorry if i led anyone astray with my original post.

2. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    OMG! You say this after I buy 12 cases of Hartke strings???!!

3. hahaha.. oops ... sorry 2 make u feel bad. Well I think the hartke strings do sound OK... its just that they go to crap faster than other strings... so just keep replacing them...12 cases? ***? lol

4. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Glad you understood I was kidding. ;)