1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Updating Project Studio. What to do with old gear???

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stewie26, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

I am in the process of updating my project studio that has 12 to 15 old year gear. I am finally going over to cubas after much pressure from musician friends. My question is what to do with my older equipment that is still in good working order. It is too good to throw away but too old for most people who are interested in recording. I don't want to deal with the aggravation of selling it of CL and would only get pennies on the dollar. I though about donating it to a school but they probably only want newer stuff. I gong to keep my power amps, speakers and a few preamps but I am going to be replacing most of the stuff in these racks. Maybe this stuff would make good boat anchors. Any constructive suggestions would be much appreciated.

20150328_132241_zpsgle5sp5z.

20150328_132225_zpsvrkath1c.

JamRoom_zpsdbccf1d8.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Looks clean and well kept.

Check out Recording Forums as there probably a lot enthusiast who may be interested in 15 year old equipment.

If you can find comparable prices on ebay and such. You can give it to charity and if appropriate to your tax situation you can take some tax deduction.

Stewie26 likes this.
  3. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert
    You see out of date gear, I just see gear that likely has much useful life left. If it all still works, many organizations, such as schools with recording or music study; recording services for the blind; community groups in need of stuff for dances, functions, etc.; retirement/nursing homes who have live performers (common here); would probably be interested.

Hell, I even see some things there I'd make use of. :)

Do some research in your area, pretty sure you'd find some or all of it good homes.

Stewie26 likes this.
  4. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    If I were you, I would leap frog your band mates, and go with an ipad with Auria. :)