1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upgrading Gear

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Curtis Luke, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Curtis Luke

Curtis Luke

Oct 10, 2010
    Ive reached the point in my playing and gigging where I should probably think about upgrading. Im asking for advice on a good set up that can handle my tad faster and heavier drop d tuning, while still feeling a bit of punch and being able to hear myself and not drown out. Anything anyone can tell me to help me out will be much appreciated.

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    What, specifically, are you planning to upgrade? Bass? Amp? Cabs? Pedal board?

3. Curtis Luke

Curtis Luke

Oct 10, 2010
    Eventually I'd like to upgrade my bass too, so if you have any advice on that as well then id love to hear it, but more specifically im looking for a new head and cab.

4. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    What's your budget?

Which features are most important to you?

How important is weight?

What kinds of venues will you be using it in?

Are you driving to gigs, or taking public transportation?

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    right.

you need an SVT classic with two 8x10 cabs!

oh, wait, you need a genz-benz shuttle 9.0 into a bergantino 1x12 cab!

oh, wait...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021