1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Upgrading Speaker in a Yamaha S4115H PA Cab

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Bart277, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Hi as well as other speakers I run a pair of Yamaha S4115h in our front of house.
    I have been thinking instead of buying new cabs just upgrading the 15" 120w Yamaha speakers with something with a bit more grunt. Can anyone tell me what is a good replacement PA speaker for the 15" and will it match up with the horn already in the cab?
    Thanks

2. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    Probably the most affordable replacement drivers of decent quality out there. And they are very cheap compared to name brand drivers. Replaced the JBL 15's in some MR series boxes a few years back. Almost doubled the handling capability of the system.

3. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    putting a speaker in a box that it was not designed for will give you bad results.
    The internal space/volume of the cab is matched with the speaker to give a certain
    response. You throw a speaker of higher power that has more travel/displacement of air
    and the freq response of the cab will change too.