SOLD US Lakland Hollowbody

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jimmy Hubbard, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Jimmy Hubbard

Jimmy Hubbard Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2017
    North Carolina
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    US made Lakland Hollowbody. Made in 2001.
    1 of 96 made, hard to find. Excellent condition, one little ding shown in the pictures. Quarter sawn neck is dead straight. 34” scale. 1.6” nut width. 8.8 lbs. Plays like a dream.Passive Bartolini pickups. All electronics work as they should. Comes with original hard shell case. I really shouldn’t sell it, but I’m not a collector.
    Please reach out with any other questions.

Possible trades I would consider are for a Fender custom shop precision, single coil or split coil (I dig the relics), or a Lakland US 44 51 (actually you can probably run any passive Lakland by me). Labella Olinto basses. Etc...

price includes shipping, extra 50 west of the Mississippi
    continental US only

Here’s a description of the construction and features that I cut and pasted-

FROM THE LAKLAND WEBSITE

The Lakland Hollowbody is the result of our collaboration with master bass guitar builder, Michael Tobias. The Hollowbody is constructed of two precision-carved pieces of fine tone wood - mahogany for the back and maple for the top and neck. The fingerboard is fashioned from rosewood. The resonant voice of the bass' cavity is faithfully reproduced by passive Bartolini humbuckers designed specifically for Lakland.

The Hollowbody provides a range of robust tones that more than match the bass' gorgeous appearance. The Hollowbody has a firm, punchy attack that is lacking in most hollow basses and maintains its focus well into a sustain.

The Hollowbody has an elegant appearance. An F-hole on the upper half of the bass suggests the instruments heritage in acoustic instruments of refined quality and function, while its sound is as versatile as modern music demands! Dial in a wide array of sounds using independent controls for volume and tone and a three-way toggle to combine pickups or solo the neck or bridge humbuckers.

From deep, authoritative notes reminiscent of an upright to aggressive and throaty sounds capable of cutting through as a solo voice, the Hollowbody is responsive, with a solid tonal center that many hollow basses lack.

The headstock of our Hollowbody is a 2x2 layout and emblazoned with a Lakland logo unique to our hollow instruments.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm guessing they later added two frets to the design, because the description is for the Chisonic equipped basses with 22 frets.

Jimmy Hubbard likes this.
  3. Jimmy Hubbard

Jimmy Hubbard Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2017
    North Carolina
    I swapped the info out for a different description from Lakland, there was a few inconsistencies on that description. This ones a less descriptive, but hey, thanks for catching that.

emjazz likes this.
  4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Man...I don't play 4 string, but the pull for this one is real. Those are magical.

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Oh man. So cool.

Jimmy Hubbard likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021