used bass amps , pick one

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4stringsonly, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 4stringsonly

4stringsonly

Jan 6, 2010
    GK 800RB, Hartke LH1000, or SWR 350X. I can get anyone of these locally for $300. Which would you get and why. Thanks
    I'll be using a pair of EVtl606 cabs with 8ohm 15 inch kappalite3015's

2. 800 RB; just because I've had one for over twenty years and it sounds great with that type cab.

LH1000; No experience, but sounds like a good price I guess.

SWR 350X; NO! These always sound like half their rated power to me. I've used them on supplied backlines.

3. acedabone

acedabone

Nov 11, 2010
    V. Wooten plays thru the Hartke LH1000. How could you go wrong paying only 300 bucks for that thing?!

4. GK

not even close

GK

5. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    Saw Pino Palladino with PSP about three weeks ago. He had a couple of heads sitting there. Guess which one he used... GK 800RB, i was surprised too.

6. 800RB. Great amp. Throw it down a flight of stairs and it'll still fire right up!

7. 4stringsonly

4stringsonly

Jan 6, 2010
    just an update ; I bought the 800RB. great ,clean shape ,everything works as it should, $ 300. hopefully I wont need new gear for awhile.

8. LH1000- POWER to burn & sound great! Tho won't go wrong with the GK either

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021