1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using 1 cab with Poweramp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Growly Lytes, May 1, 2010.

1. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    Hello again Bassists around the world,
    Im trying to find out if i can use only 1 speaker with my poweramp because i use 2 normally both 8 ohm. It has all the usual inputs & outputs but can i plug in only 1 cab at a time ?
    Im scared to try it incase i blow something inside the amp.
    Parrallel,Stereo & Bridge inputs on back.The amp doesnt actaully do Parrallel.... it connects the 2 channels internally so you dony need a y-cord & still has seperate level controls but can 1 cab be connected or does it have to be 2, i dont have the cables for bridging ?I know i can connect 1 in bridge mode but what about Stereo & Parrallel modes ?
    Thanks guys :confused:

2. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    You didn't say what kind of poweramp.
    PLEASE TELL US THE BRAND OF AMP.

All of the ones I've used have no trouble with this although you may want to switch the mode to STEREO MODE so the unused channel is getting no signal.

I do this all of the time with my QSC 2402 when practicing at home.

You could always CALL the manufacturer(Monday) and ask to speak to the engineering/tech folks and ask them directly.

3. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
  4. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    First of all, relax dude! I suggest reading the manual again. Although it does come out and say your answer word for word, you can easily run only one speaker with this amp head. The unit is going to power the channel you are using based on the signal you feed it. The power amp you have and nearly every other PA style power amp around are comprised of MOSFET power sections, this is not a tube power sections. A tube amp has to put out power otherwise it will burn itself out. MOSFET power sections (basically everything out there not containing tubes) will be fine without powering a cabinet even though you are feeding the unit a signal.

Have you checked out the sensitivity switch? You can move that switch around & maximize the signal coming from your pre-amp. The stronger the signal, the better the sound going into the power amp and the better it will sound for you.

Seems like a really nice power amp! Enjoy it! If you are having trouble understanding the rest of the manual, post the confusing sections on here and ask for a better explanation. We will help you! :bassist::bassist:

5. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    Thank you so much,
    This is why i love TB
    Hit That E hard.