1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using 2 Loopers, Blenders, LS2s

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by plekan, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Ok so I tried screwing around with a 2nd LS2 to see if I could get this to work but it has been unsuccessful. Basically, I want to replace one LS2 in which I use it in 2 different ways, without having to bend down and change the knobs between songs.

1. A + B Blend, A being the effected loop and B being nothing and therefore blending in the clean blend. I play A at 10:00 and B at 2:00.

2. A loop / bypass, both knobs back at 12:00.

The thing is, I want to keep the loop the same regardless of it being either blended or not.

Are there any blenders or loopers that do this?

Does anyone else here do this?

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Do you mean switching between a dirty/clean blend sound, a 100% clean sound, and a 100% dirty sound?

If that's what you mean, the X-Blender does it.

3. Yeah, without having to tweak in between songs. Just different stomps.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yup- the X-Blender does exactly that. One switch turns the blended sound on and off, and one turns the unit on and off. Unit on with blend off = 100% wet signal.

5. That's great great news. The only thing I'm worried about with that pedal is.. is it able to cut the volume of my effected loop and add some volume to the clean sound without effecting the volume of the completely clean signal or completely dry signal. I'm using some odd combinations of feedback and need to really cut the effected loop and raise the clean bass when I blend.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It has a volume control that only works with the blended sound, so you can turn the blend way towards the clean side and adjust the volume control to reach unity gain with your 100% clean tone or above or below it.

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

The WOunded Paw Super Blender will do that too.

8. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I've got a box from SFX that will do this (it just replaced my LS-2), but it wasn't cheap.

It's basically an LS-2 with two stomp switches, so you can turn each loop on and off independently. If both loops are on it mixes them (according to the two volume knobs), if only one loop is on it's soloed at the level of its volume knob, and when both loops are bypassed both volumes are bypassed.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll268/photomx/Other Custom Shop/loop logic/loop_logic.jpg

9. I've ordered one of these. I have high hopes.

10. Only problem with that pedal is that I blend at 40 wet 60 dry. So if I was to stomp on only one or the other there isn't a unity. I know it's silly that I use all three volume combinations but hey, if I could use more I probably would. I only use effects to color the parts just slightly to give it a musical effect. Not to dominate or as a gimmick. So blending is really important sometimes. Other times with an effect like an OC2 (which is already blended) into a chorus/flange I like to have a fully wet signal. Basically, I don't want to bend down in between each song or during songs to turn knobs, be it ever so slightly.