Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Using a compressor with my amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheBaron, Nov 1, 2004.

1. TheBaron

TheBaron

Nov 1, 2004
    ...basically ive just bought a new rig, and ashdown abm 500 RC, behringer composer and a korg rack tuner. I just want to know what order you guys would put the compressor and amp in, i.e. before the amp, plugging into the compressor or through the FX loop, the amp has a tuner out with a mute button so ill be using that for the tuner but im thinking ill put the compressor in the FX loop so just have to plug into the amp and everything will go via that, any info would be great.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'll move this to amps. You'll get more responses here because a lot of guys use a similar setup live.

3. TheBaron

TheBaron

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks guys. Thats awesome.

4. I'm finding that I like the sound of EQd compressed bass, rather than compressed EQd bass.

Meaning I get a nice slightly comprssed bass signal and then add a little low end at the amp. It seems to add low end to everything no matter where I am on the fretboard.

Bass -> Boss ME-50B (compressor) -> Amp (EQ)

Experiment with both because they do sound different, IMO.

5. TheBaron

TheBaron

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah to be honest I cant agree with you more as to trying it out but i wanted some idea where to start innit, cheers again tho guys, been a big help.