1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

using effects with a Hartke KB-12 500w .

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by plymptonite, Jun 4, 2018.

1. plymptonite

plymptonite

Sep 11, 2012
    Branson Mo.
    thinking of getting one of these amps ,but skeptical ...
    i'll be running a 45 Kay upright with a modified Krivo pickup set up and a David Gauge Realist docking station. for the volume knob . also running Blastclut low tension strings. with my Hartke LH-1000 I typically run my Boss TU-3 tuner and a EP Clean boost to punch up the signal thru the effects loop. it gives me a rich hybrid acoustic tone with the sting of treble, like an electric Bass, especially with the bright button pushed in. The EP Boost, allows me, to keep the volume knob at a lower setting as well as the docking station.

My question is , is it possible to inline the three units , Instrument , tuner,and boost into a
    KB-12's input to try to get the same tone and punch thru the smaller speaker (well ,of course it won't be as rich as running the LH-1000 thru a 4X10XL.) but doing Grass gigs in very small settings the LH and the 4X10 has become too cumbersome, and impractical due to stage space. so, before you tell me about PJB amps and Mark Bass amps, their great amps ,just pricey and can't justify the cost ,, I got a lot of bass gear even my Hydrive 210c at 71lbs is not practical as well. these are Get In and Get out gigs. hence Weight is the factor I'm looking for .
    . you think the Ep pedal would be too much signal to the input ? it's easy to tone it back. and I don't run it to a distorted lever ..and the point is ,Not to overly overdrive the input signal to where ya smoke the preamp .. the spec"s says it'll handle an active input as well as a passive signal...so I just don't know..."and one other thing" , I have had real bad luck with GK amps in general. I already have an MB-500 paperweight that discharges a very nasty Pop every 7 seconds, probably a bad output circuit ..GK can't fix it and I don't want to go there ...I've had great luck with the roadworthiness of Hartke gear for like the last 10 years.. talked with Larry just a few days ago kinda stumped him on this one .. he was unsure , and i'll know he'll get back to me on this, but I was just wondering if anyone out there In TB land who might have any input ......thank you guys , and I will respect any input you have to offer .. and I'll even entertain any comedy, as long as it's not too distracting...wanna make a decision to buy one or not within the next few days.... I know there's Hartke Guys out there. but any real opinions will be helpful....Thanks...