1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using pa speakers as bass cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ClintUtz, Nov 27, 2017.

1. ClintUtz

ClintUtz

Nov 27, 2009
    So I'm using a behringer 2x15 with driver as a bass cab and it started hissing and being really fuzzy. Is there a way I can bypass the whole regulator board in the back and just run the speakers into an input jack?

Thanks!

2. Open it up. Probably easiest to shunt the existing connections and put the woofers direct to the input jack.

Or down and dirty would be disconnect the horn and carry on.

3. I assume you mean crossover board when you say “regulator”. Depending on how complex the crossover is just disconnecting the horn might cause trouble for the amplifier. A better option would be to remove the crossover and then wire the woofers to the jacks.

4. I didn't know having open circuit on a crossed horn could hurt an amp. I defer to Paul's much greater knowledge.

Thinking more about it, you could possibly disconnect the crossover from the input jack but being Behringer it's probably all in one on an assembled board complete with jack panel. Might be easier removing an ingrown toenail.

Photograph the innatds and someone can tell you the easiest way.