1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

using protools pts files in Cubase LE

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Can't seem to figure it out. There's conversion programs out there, for mega $$$. Anyone know of a free one? I have all the wavs, but i've tried lining them up etc and theres so darn many I don't know what take it what, what lines up where, etc.

Please help! I want to play with some old recordings of ours.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. MrCincinnati

MrCincinnati

Mar 6, 2011
    If you bounce broadcast wav file from pt you should be able to import them to cubase and set them to same position on grid (given same tempo in each session)

3. what I do is to render all the files from starting point to end and then look for them in the audio PT folder and from there import them into a Cubase session. Takes no more than 10 min depending of the session size

4. do I need protools to do either/both of these?

5. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    I use SONAR and interested in the same thing.. Going from Sonar to Protools.

Question.. is there still a free Protools LE still around or is that a gonner?

6. I couldn't find anything free... and from what I was reading the last few editions of protools you need some sort of interface plugged into the computer to even get it to run.