Using WinISD for Traynor TS-215 mod

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shrugs, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    For the port I cut a hole in the baffle that the PVC fits tight and then run a bead of silcone around the front outside edge of the pipe . Then I push it into the hole I cut from the back . You will have to take out the speakers to do this . Then let it dry for a day and put it back together . That's how I did these and have done it for quite a few others .
    20200630_141852.jpg

RumbleBot and shrugs like this.
  2. That looks like 1/2" baltic birch or similar.
    This is a 33% weight savings over 3/4" old school construction.
    Kudos.

RumbleBot and Blues Bass 2 like this.
  3. Blues Bass 2

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Yep , they are about 30 pounds apiece with Deltalites .

RumbleBot and Haroldo like this.
  4. shrugs

shrugs

Oct 22, 2017
    Ah alright so I will cut the port holes to the outer diameter of the PVC rather than the inner, so I can snuggly squeeze it in there. Sounds a lot easier than trying to have the butt end of the PVC up against wood. Thanks for the tip!

5. Blues Bass 2

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Right , you are welcome and the silicone holds very well after drying .

6. And.. the beauty of two, lighter weight cabs to load, instead of one huge one.

7. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    I suggest that you use a construction adhesive rather than silicone. Keep silicone away from electronic parts. it's not compatible (except for the types specifically formulated for electronics, which cures differently)

8. Blues Bass 2

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Well that's good to know . If I do build another cab with PVC ports I'll use PL plus and that would be the right stuff for the OP . Didn't know silicone was that harmful . PL comes in a caulking type tube so running a bead around the end of the pipe would work the same . Just be sure to wear gloves and be careful , PL doesn't come out of clothes very easy . Let it dry 24 hours .

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    agedhorse likes this.