1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

V4BH Frequency Control

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassvi, Feb 29, 2008.

1. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    I have a V4BH and I love the thing, it just sounds great. One thing that puzzles me however is the "frequency" control on the front panel- which as I understand from the manual is supposed to adjust midrange frequency at various factory presets on the dial. I can't tell if mine works or not, there is no noticeable change in the sound when I move it between the presets. Is it supposed to work something like the "style selector" knob on a BA112 or BA115? If so, there must be something wrong with it, because any change in the sound happening is so subtle I can't hear it... Do any of you other V4BH owners have this issue with your amp?

Thanks.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Try setting the bass and treble flat, then crank the mid knob. Then go through the 5 settings one at a time. You should hear the change in frequency center. Don't know the actual frequncies, but 1 is lowest, and 5 is something like1.2K, or thereabouts. Great amp, btw, I just wish it had a little more output.

3. If your mids are flat you won't hear a difference, and if you are only using a tiny bit of boost or cut the difference won't be huge. Try putting your mid control on either the lowest or highest it goes to and then change the frequency selector. If you can't hear any change in tone get your amp serviced.

4. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    the 5 position mid switch centers your mid control around 220Hz (1), 450 (2), 800 (3), 1.6k (4), or 3k (5)

its not at all like the 5 position selector on the BA112/5 (check out what that does here: www.ampeg.com/manuals/BA-115.PDF - its in the tech specs on pg. 4 )

5. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    Thank you for your responses. I tried cranking the mid control up and backing off everything else and sure enough, I could hear the mid-frequency presets fine (Yay!, it works!). Thanks for you your help.