1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Valenti question??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, Jul 25, 2007.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

I didn't want to post in the For Sale forum but I'm noticing quite a lot of Valenti sales (folks selling their Valenti's) and am wondering why? If any of the sellers would respond here, I'd appreciate it! I'm very interested in having Nino build me a bass but all these sales have got me thinking..................

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I may have to grab me a 'nother one! I love mine.

3. I'm sure it's nothing more than a revolving gas phenomenon. This place is like a candy store and we are bunch of big kids :) There are many other fine basses making the rounds as well.

4. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I just took a look in the classifieds and did not think the number of Valenti basses posted was " alarming" ..
    just looked like normal turnover...

I dont own one but from what I've read about Valenti Basses and knowing Nino first hand..
    you have nothing to worry about...

5. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Look at how many Sadowskys, MTDs, etc. change hands.

Nino's basses are great.

6. I'm sure if you followed the sellers, you might notice that they always cycle through the various basses that are their favorite, only to be sold when a new favorite comes along. Then they wish they hadn't sold it and may eventually acquire it again some day......GAS.

7. RADUB1

RADUB1

May 11, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    +1 pickles.....

8. I've played Valenti basses. Not only are they great bang for the buck, they are great bang PERIOD.

No worries.

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm pretty sure that Valenti guy doesn't know what he's doing.

:bag: :D

10. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

yup ...
    yup , great basses ...
    damn GAS ...
    i sold my Valenti , and would love to get it back ...

amateur ...
    :D :bassist:

11. SmittyG

SmittyG

Dec 24, 2003
    Texarkana, Texas
    As others have said, the instruments never get a bad review; just standard GAS cycles. I've been keeping an eye on V's basses for a while now and, if I'm ever able to get the funds together, I'm looking forward to getting one. The P4 (#039) on his site is causing me some severe GAS discomforts at this very moment. :)

12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I can speak for myself. I've built a few basses and kept them for myself. #002, #005, #016 and #022.

I currently still own and play #022 religiously. The other basses I sold because I bought something else. I usually try to turn something over to get something new or my wife will be very upset. :)

13. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Thats the only reason I don't have #12 anymore. That bass rocked.

14. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    +1

- proud former owner of #008 and #027

15. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I'm not a seller but I placed my order about a month ago and all the Valenti's for sale doesn't concern me in the least. I've read enough great things about Nino's work here at TB to feel completely confident that it's going to be an awesome bass. Something tells me he might have learned a thing or two working for Sadowsky.

I'm curious to see if my Sadowsky remains my "main axe" once the Valenti arrives. That's about the only concern I have LOL.

16. Wonder

Wonder

Dec 18, 2005
    Hey wait a minute...:eyebrow: Are you married to my wife???:ninja: :p :bassist:

17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I wouldn't worry a bit about it. From everything I've heard/read about Valenti basses, I would NOT be afraid to order one, and probably will be next spring.

18. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    You have no worries buying a Valenti. I met Nino at Tom Bowlus's last get together, and not only was he a stand up guy, he was very happy to let us slobber all over his basses. He had a sadowsky metro hybrid with him, and, IMO, his P kicked it's butt all up and down the street.

19. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    last couple of months the most sold bass on the TB classifieds was Sadowsky. yep, there were a ton of them recently passing around.

so don't worry man, Nino seems like a good dude, and his basses look cool.

20. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Aaight, cool! I was just wondering!! :)