1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Valeton Bass Dapper

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassikLee, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    This was brought up in the Tech21 Bass Fly Rig thread. I don't want to seem like I'm against that unit, so I'll start one on the bass dapper here. AFAIK, these aren't out yet. It looks like their normal Dapper (fly rig inspired) is out, and they just showed the Dapper Dark, and Dapper Mini, as well as the Bass Dapper. I ordered a regular Dapper yesterday, as I noodle on gtr a bit. I'll post about it here, since they're related. Teaser pic:

Attached Files:

hintz and ga_edwards like this.
  2. The knobs seem to be misaligned to my eyes

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    That interesting to see valeton creating a bass fly clone. I've only known about valeton through amazon for their while looking around there for pedals. and their compacted pedals was in the related search.

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Thanks Bassilik. It was me who posted this in the BFR thread. Will be interested to hear how the regular guitar version performs. Perhaps with a bit of traction here we can get Valeton's collective backside in gear to release the device in the western world. According to Discofreq's website, it was announced a few months ago!

BassikLee likes this.
  5. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    If they release it anywhere, I'll get one. Thomann caries their stuff, as do several eBay sellers. The Dapper I bought is coming from Japan. I've had good luck with international stuff. Shipping can take a while, but that's OK.

6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I've seen the other Dappers on Thomann already. I was hoping the Bass Dapper would be on Aliexpress, but not yet it would seem. I'm not comfortable buying from Japanese websites with crude google translation!

7. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Agreed. Once I see it for sale somewhere I recognize, I'll grab one.

8. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Getting closer

Attached Files:

9. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    Interesting! I've actually wanted to try some of their micro pedals, but I've been buying other pedals instead :p

10. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Henning Pauly demoed their analog octave pedal. He's either a love or hate guy, I enjoy his videos. He dug that one. Anyway, if we assume that's what's in this one, could be very good. I was an early BFR buyer, and mine went back. For me, the octafilter section was totally not usable. If this one has a decent analog octave, might be ok.

11. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Rumbles likes this.
  12. jd-ns

jd-ns

Sep 28, 2010
    Canada
    very interested...

13. Hmmm, Mini-Boss...
    The Oc sounded good.
    What was the girl doing other than looking mildly bored and unpacking stuff?
    Edit: I was excited when I saw the Fet Preamp, that is what the Edge uses (same green). Didn't seem to do much, might drive a set of headphones though.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  14. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL

Quick and dirty cell phone thing with the gtr one.

hintz and jd-ns like this.
  15. jd-ns

jd-ns

Sep 28, 2010
    Canada
    I wonder how VT/sans-ampy the "amp" section will be in the bass dapper? I am hoping to get adequate dirt there.

16. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    They're supposed to ship end of April.

17. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    If someone is really chomping at the bit there's a bass dapper on reverb. It's a demo model from the dealer in Texas (I have no affiliation, but want someone to buy it so I don't give in to temptation!!). 15% off right now too, so it would be $170.

18. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    They had three. Now they have two.

pudgychef likes this.
  19. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Sorry to point out that the one I bought didn't kill their inventory. Is that the sound of temptation I hear???

20. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    Yeah, I saw there were three after I posted...but no, I'm going to wait until I hear your demo! I would need to sell my 2 zoom pedals and my VT bass to buy it. The form factor would be great for my pedalboard but I need to know that it will actually replace those pedals first. Thanks for pioneering though!

That doesn't mean I won't be checking that reverb page a few thousand times again today...;)

BassikLee likes this.