Vancouver Shops

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RickyWoo, Aug 29, 2016.

1. RickyWoo

RickyWoo

May 26, 2016
    Hi all,

I'll be travelling to Vancouver, British Columbia in the next couple weeks and am looking for cool instrument shops to visit. I'll have a lot of downtime to myself, so a little out of the way isn't a big deal within reasonable distance. I'll be in the downtown and already plan to drop into the Long and McQuade store there. I'm hoping there are some boutique shops there that I have zero clue they exist.

Can anyone help a guy out?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

It's been a few years since I went but there was one or two on Granville. One was Tom Lee which is a local/regional chain. I went to one of their L&M's but I don't remember which, it was well stocked though.

RickyWoo likes this.
  3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Drive a few hours south to Seattle :p

RickyWoo likes this.
  4. RickyWoo

RickyWoo

May 26, 2016
    I've heard of Tom Lee's, so I'll look into it. Thanks.

The last time I was there was when I was 19. That was a lot of years ago. Although, I was playing back then, travelling around to as many music shops wasn't my priority back then. I don't remember anything about the trip.

5. RickyWoo

RickyWoo

May 26, 2016
    Not in the cards this trip but the thought had crossed my mind!

6. StanTurpentine

StanTurpentine

Dec 14, 2011
    Basone -small selection, custom work
    Exile -vintage, rares, curated
    Westcoast guitars -strange, lots of variety, has coffee
    Bonerattle -rare, weird, and cheaper

Those should be all the stores catering towards the guitar/bass end of things in Vancouver, aside from l&m and tom Lee.

RickyWoo likes this.
  7. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    kittywithabanjo likes this.
  8. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    Tom lee doesn't have much selection these days. IF time is tight then I would go with L and M. And exIle, if you are into pedals exile is awesome, check out their uniontubes stuff.

9. StanTurpentine

StanTurpentine

Dec 14, 2011
    I forgot, there is also one on Alma st called Rufus' Guitar store.

10. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I like that one--fun to look at what sort of used stuff they get in--and a wide variety of accessories available.
    I try to drop by whenever I'm in vancouver--although I didn't have time to last time I was in Vancouver.

But I was staying at a hotel a couple of blocks down from the Tom Lee location on Granville--good size store, lots of cool stuff.
    i also like Bonerattle--small--but quirky.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2022