1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage 15" JBL comparisons w/soundclips

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnk_10, Sep 20, 2011.

1. supershifter2

supershifter2

Apr 22, 2014
    SoCal
    Thanks for the reply. Another question > Does the D131 have the same magnet assembly as the D120 ?

2. supershifter2

supershifter2

Apr 22, 2014
    SoCal
    I just bought these 2 JBL D130F speakers for $230.00 for the pair and they work.

jbl d130f mine 1.jpg jbl d130f mine 5.jpg jbl d130f mine 8.jpg

markjazzbassist likes this.
  3. kzr750r1

kzr750r1

Aug 12, 2011
    NorCal
    They work so long as you don't push them too hard. They don't have the power handling of the 140's.

4. N8daGr8

N8daGr8

Dec 11, 2018
    I stumbled in here about the JBL 15's for guitars and I am really enjoying reading all this about bass and all of your experiences.
    I just got home with my e130 freshly reconed. Got this speaker out of a dumpster. It was all stabbed with a knife or something. Sounded sweet AF at low volume(even with all that damage) so I had to get it repaired. Now that I'm home, it was too late to try it on here. Lol anxiously looking forward to try it it tomorrow!
    Cheers

5. zorf

zorf

Dec 27, 2007
    Read the entire thread, is there a consensus on a design for a cab for a single K140?