1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vox AMPlug

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reez, Oct 20, 2009.

1. reez

reez

Oct 5, 2009
    Singapore
    Anyone has reviews for the Vox AMPlug (Bass [doh!])
    Thinking of getting one for use as practice in camp.

1) Does it haf an input jack to plug in MP3s?
    2) Is the sound quality cool?
    3) Worth/Not Worth getting one

2. banebass

banebass

Jun 4, 2009
    Zemun,Serbia,Europe
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I have one. Good for practicing! It has aux input for Mp3,sound is good (gain,tone,volume controls) and,for me,it was worth 30€. At least thats the price here in Europe.

3. naturalkinds

naturalkinds

Jan 22, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Had one. Pretty decent quality, unless you're sensitive to hiss. Would not recommend it, even at its low price point.

4. MonsterTruck88

MonsterTruck88

Sep 4, 2008
    Can you hook the Amplug to the end of your effects chain so you can use OD, delay, etc... with it?

5. yes you can use it in an effects chain. I have the classic rock version(before the bass one came out). It's a neat little thing for quiet practicing and can be used to record into a line in on a sound card as well. It eats batteries pretty fast though.

6. MonsterTruck88

MonsterTruck88

Sep 4, 2008
    Cool, thanks

7. DrKagemusha

DrKagemusha

Jan 14, 2008
    Cool for practicing, the overdrive isn't amazing. It's really a rock oriented thing. Couln't have a jazz (more steril sound) for slap with any of my basses (fender precision and jazz ri vintage, fender jazz mod with bart and seymour duncan, fretless jazz with emg). Not amazing but does the job. There was another one andorsed by Mark Egan that I can't remember the name. You should check this one also. Got one by the way.

8. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    1. yes
    2. not terrible, ime
    3. yes