1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VOX HELP NEEDED.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by plexibass, Feb 15, 2013.

1. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    I just purchased a VOX AC100 CPH head and a VOX AD412 CABINET.

links:
    http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/ad412.html

http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/ac100cph.html

The cab is stock. what I want to know is I have used it a few times without incident. I dont play with a lot of low end anyway but are there 12" speakers I could put in that would be better at handling the bass frequency? I dont want to blow these speakers and I LOVE VOX tones.

Basses that are used are DAN ARMSTRONG, HOFNER CAVERN, RICKENBACKER 4001.

2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    I'm not very familiar with VOX, but is that head a BASS amp or just a guitar amp?

3. I was once very familiar with VOX but thought that they were basically out of business. Whatever, both units seem to be GUITAR oriented and not for bass.

Making a successful bass enclosure is more than swapping out the individual drivers for bass versions.

4. grenadilla

grenadilla

Aug 22, 2011
    alabama
    It will work fine at a moderate volume. When you hear speaker distortion, ease up on the volume. Eminance 12s [used by Avatar} will handle more power for bass guitar.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The difference between a guitar cab and a bass cab are much more than just the speakers. You have a very nice guitar rig with what it is now, but not a very good bass rig under most any circumstance. It would be easier/cheaper to just get a bass cab to pair with the guitar head, or just get a bass rig if you wish to play at any real volume. Those guitar spkrs can get shredded quite easily with a bass plugged in.

6. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    The head is a guitar amp but sounds great with my basses. I was looking at eminence 12 so thanks for the info.

7. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    Bstring......thanks. that helps a lot.