Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wake up people! Order your Reverend now

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rezdog, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    I slipped across the border last week to Detroit and visited the Reverend factory. Joe Naylor was kind enough to do a set up on my Brad Houser 5 that I'll be recording with. I spoke with him and he said that they will be taking orders for basses for the next month or so, and that's it. No more.
    I had wanted to order another bass from him next year but I guess I'll have to change my gear acquisition schedule and order another bass now and cabs later. So if you are sitting on the fence I advise you to order a Reverend now, cause you will not find better tone or feel in a passive bass anywhere. :bassist:
    Rezdog

2. I made a half-hearted attempt to convince my wife that I needed to order another Reverend in the next few weeks, but she wasn't buying. So, I won't be either. :meh:
    I've got Rumblefish #47 and #62 and I'm real happy with them, but a P-J would be cool.

3. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,
    Take the beating,take the pain. Like the man said on TV, It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Or something like that.
    Rezdog

4. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Is Reverend pulling the plug completely or just not going to take orders for basses for a while?

5. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,
    The majority of thier business is guitars. So they're phasing out the bass manufacturing because the cost can't be justified right now.
    Rezdog

6. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I have an early J/J which I love dearly. I'm thinking I could use a P/J as well. My wife doesn't hit all that hard... ;)

7. There's no way I could afford a Reverend at the moment. :bawl:

Oh well. I'd probably dislike the Rumblefish neck anyway, since i prefer P-bass type necks... or that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

8. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I'm in the same boat. No cash right now so I'm telling myself I don't need one. That orange finish is telling me otherwise however. ;)