Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Waking up one day where everying goes "click"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Timbo, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Man, today has been a great day. All the sudden I woke up this morning and I could internalize scale intervals several times better, I can find the key of a song on the first try, my slapping technique improved several times, and my bass lines are sounding better than ever. I have no idea what was going on in my mind last night... But I hope it happens more often.

Has anyone ever had such scenarios play out before?

2. Wow, sleep is productive!

Yeah sometimes when I am away from my bass for awhile, I start thinking about it, and songs I'd like to play, and begin airbassing, or perhaps drumming on a table. Then when I pick up my bass a few hours later..I'm already mentally prepared, or something.

3. Reminds me of Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven.

He points the rifle at Gene Hackman, pulls the trigger.... "click" MISFIRE!

Sometimes the days where everything goes "click" are not the good days.

Randy

4. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    But I can honestly say that in this instance it was a great day.

:bassist:

5. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I think i just figured out what happened. Last night I couldn't fall asleep so I was humming myself bass lines and trying to figure them out in my head and stuff like that and I guess instead of 30 minutes of review before i went to sleep I got 9 + hours of review while I was sleeping. Nice.

6. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    If only I could practice bass in my sleep, I would practice a lot more in one night than I do in a week :p

7. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    That happens to me everyday. If I wake up and pick up the bass right away, it will sound pretty bad. I listen to music for an hour, pick up the bass again, and everything is far FAR better. Listening to music while figuring out how the bass player is playing such line, or how it was composed, really helps when you later on pick up the bass to play.

8. You were abducted by aliens from a planet in the BasKelv Nebula while you slept. They explore the universe randomly seeking viable candidtates for conversion from, "standard bass players" to "exceptional bass players" in anticipation for the day when the denizens of the BasKelv Neblua take over the universe. You have actually been gone for over 10 years where you were the subject of many experiments and hours upon hours of military-style training.

Consider yourself recruited, soldier.

--tz

9. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    :eek:

I thought my beard was growin in a bit thick for one night.