1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

walking - the basics plz

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Vacume, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vacume

Vacume

Jan 11, 2006
    im joinin my schools jazz band next year to help me learn a different style of music then im used to (metal) but thats besides the point, I was talking to the teacher and I forget what she called but im going to see the chord and walk, (walking may seem kind of obvious to you but all my teacher has been showin me is notation and scales) so can anywon explain to me the basics of walking or give me a link explainin it, thank u

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    To me, Walking Bass is all about ascending and descending chord patterns, and variations of the two.

for example, the first bar you could walking up the chord pattern (ascending), and the following bar, walk down the chord pattern (descending).

;)

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Errr - deja vu - this exact thread was posted yesterday or the day before and got several answers!! :mad:

4. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks! In Memoriam

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Check out the thread with the same title, I'm closing this one........

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.