1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

wall hooks?

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by salbassrock, Jun 28, 2012.

1. salbassrock

salbassrock

Mar 9, 2012
    thinkin of how to store a bass by hanging (or at least resting) on a wall hook instead of using a bass stand or bass box. kinda like those violin hangers. Any ideas on what kind of hangers or hooks to look for??

2. Silevesq

Silevesq

Oct 2, 2010
    Quebec
    I also been think about that this, the only solution I felt confident enough was "building" one.
    You want it to lay on it's side or on it's back?
    I've seen pole to rest the basse against, leather strap and "locking" device made out of wood. One teacher I know, just rest his bass against them self on a wall between furniture...

JXBass is there some relating to Double Bass... I'd be happy seeing what other did!

3. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Space at home is tight and our living room is the music room (one of my kids plays the piano, another plays DB and then my own instruments).

This is the stand I built for my DB:

Doublebasswallstand2.

And this is how it looks; my DB is protected by the piano and the column, I set the stand on the wall at the proper height, so I don't need to adjust the end pin. I could add a strap around the bass for extra security, but I haven't found the need for it in the 2 years that I've been using this system:

Doublebasswallstand1.