Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walmart distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PatrickEdmonds, Jan 11, 2006.

1. PatrickEdmonds

PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    there was a walmart ad a few months ago, whith people going to a rock concert and the song started with a nicely slightly distorted bass.
    Anyone know a pedal for this sound or how I could achive it? (I have a sansamp bass driver)
    Anyone know if this is a real song, so I could listen to it?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Walmart advertises?

3. they have commercials

4. softscrubmonkey

softscrubmonkey

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis
    rollback

5. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    lol. I thought you meant Walmart was making distortion pedals now. I was afraid, to say the least.

-Eric.

6. That may not be too far behind. I've read that they're schlepping bass strings these days.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I know, I was half kidding. Half asleep.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I tried, I fell out of my chair.

9. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Since you brought it up: I was visiting someone not-too-long ago who had been given a gift of a Wallmart-brand "First Act" guitar and amp. The owner had no idea how to play, but I just had to try-out his new rig...

That little amp had the sweetest distortion tone - I'm not kidding! Sounded real nice on both chords and lead. I still feel like getting-hold of this guy, and offering to buy that amp from him. I'll bet this tiny-little 'toy' amp would make a great amp for micing-up in the studio.

Joe

10. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    Asda advert?

11. i haven't tried firstact brand stuff, but i doubt they are very different from those little 15 watt squier guitar amps, and i thought it had a nice overdrive to it as well...i didn't like it that much, but for the price you get a nice trebly overdrive...

12. anechoic

anechoic

Oct 31, 2005
    Shirley, MA
    I dunno about Walmart, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing effects pedals last time I was in Target. I think they even had a bass distortion.

13. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I saw disortion pedals at Sears a couple weeks ago.I think they were called Vinci.My 8 year old son took one look at them and said "Those are probably crappy". I told him he was right, they probably are.:)

14. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    i saw pedals at target and walmart. needless to say, i chuckled heartily as soon as i saw them.

15. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    lol me too. I was like "Distortion pedals from Walmart would be crap anyway, so why make them?" and then I thought "Cause people would still buy them" :bawl: :crying:

16. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    down with the wallmart

17. PatrickEdmonds

PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    Anyone actually read the first post?
    anyone seen this ad in TV a while ago?