Walmart distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PatrickEdmonds, Jan 11, 2006.

1. PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    there was a walmart ad a few months ago, whith people going to a rock concert and the song started with a nicely slightly distorted bass.
    Anyone know a pedal for this sound or how I could achive it? (I have a sansamp bass driver)
    Anyone know if this is a real song, so I could listen to it?
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Walmart advertises?
  3. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    lol. I thought you meant Walmart was making distortion pedals now. I was afraid, to say the least.

4. That may not be too far behind. I've read that they're schlepping bass strings these days.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I know, I was half kidding. Half asleep.
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I tried, I fell out of my chair.
  7. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Since you brought it up: I was visiting someone not-too-long ago who had been given a gift of a Wallmart-brand "First Act" guitar and amp. The owner had no idea how to play, but I just had to try-out his new rig...

That little amp had the sweetest distortion tone - I'm not kidding! Sounded real nice on both chords and lead. I still feel like getting-hold of this guy, and offering to buy that amp from him. I'll bet this tiny-little 'toy' amp would make a great amp for micing-up in the studio.

8. i haven't tried firstact brand stuff, but i doubt they are very different from those little 15 watt squier guitar amps, and i thought it had a nice overdrive to it as well...i didn't like it that much, but for the price you get a nice trebly overdrive...
  9. anechoic

Oct 31, 2005
    Shirley, MA
    I dunno about Walmart, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing effects pedals last time I was in Target. I think they even had a bass distortion.
  10. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I saw disortion pedals at Sears a couple weeks ago.I think they were called Vinci.My 8 year old son took one look at them and said "Those are probably crappy". I told him he was right, they probably are.:)
  11. skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    i saw pedals at target and walmart. needless to say, i chuckled heartily as soon as i saw them.
  12. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    lol me too. I was like "Distortion pedals from Walmart would be crap anyway, so why make them?" and then I thought "Cause people would still buy them" :bawl: :crying:
  13. Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    down with the wallmart
  14. PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    Anyone actually read the first post?
    anyone seen this ad in TV a while ago?