1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

walter woods electracoustic

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by subbasse, Jan 6, 2012.

1. subbasse

subbasse

May 27, 2008
    Hey
    does somebody have the "WW electracoustic manual" around, I lost mine...?:confused:
    happy new year from France to everybody!

2. Yes. PM me your email address and I will forward the .pdf. Happy new year from the US!

3. subbasse

subbasse

May 27, 2008
    thanx!

4. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    What year is your Electracoustic? The manual varied slightly after 2003. Main difference is you can unplug the speakers while the amp is on on the older models, the newer ones you can not.

5. subbasse

subbasse

May 27, 2008
    Well I don't really know 'cause I bought it used on ebay few years ago. It's a yellow light, mono model two "mix send" knobs switch pre/off/post and jack direct out.

I never try to unplug the speaker while it's turned on. What do you mean when you say it's impossible? Crash?

Thanx

6. Pop the top. Walter stamps the date an amp is finished into the chassis, and usually noted dates the amp was serviced in black Sharpie, also on the chassis.

7. Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Actually it's stamped on the heat sink and sometimes it's visible on the bottom side of the heat sink without taking off the cover. It will read something like 021399 which means Feb 13, 1999. If it has a -2 it is the model you do not want to disconnect or connect speakers with power on.

8. subbasse

subbasse

May 27, 2008
    It's written SVKY55 inside of mine. Does't mean anything to me...

9. Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    I heard Walter had gotten away from the date/serial # system recently and it looks like that may be what you have. If so, your amp is not very old.

10. subbasse

subbasse

May 27, 2008
    ... And still works perfectly-))
    Walter woods keeps building amp? I heart he stoped few years ago?

11. Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    He's still around.

12. subbasse

subbasse

May 27, 2008
    Does he have an email?

13. Low Class

Jul 4, 2005