1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Walter Woods still available?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greg Lukasik, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Greg Lukasik

Greg Lukasik

Jan 26, 2006
    Nbg, Germany
    Hi,

I own a Walter Woods Electracoustic head with rack mount instead of side plates. Now I'd like to reduce the size of the rig and replace the case with a padded bag.
    No one can tell me where I can get the side plates for the WW amp.
    Does anybody know if Walter Woods is still building the amps? I cannot reach him on the phone.
    I would appreciate a little help.
    best Greg

ww_rack-815.

2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Shame you didn't post this last year. I had two sets of side plates but they both went to the person who bought my Super from me. Any good machine shop could make you a set. easily.

BassmanPaul and deathness like this.
  3. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    I believe he is still around but notorious for not communicating well. He also has a long backlog on repairs but won't give schematics so others can repair his amps. I wouldn't buy from him. Good luck on the side plates and second Jeff Scott's suggestion of having them made for you.

4. kerrycares

kerrycares Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    I talked to Walter five times in the last three weeks, ordered a brand-new amp , chipper as ever!

so tuff likes this.
  5. kerrycares

Jan 17, 2006
    Tell him Kerry sent you (760) 772-7952

6. kerrycares

Jan 17, 2006
    Just got my new WOods yesterday

Attached Files:

7. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Nice! What's under the hood?

8. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Looks like he's doing fanless! Very nice. That's what boutique can do
    No removable cord with cabinet knobs as cord wraps. That's clever. :)
    Good on him as he's probably the founder of the small(er), lightweight, reliable, heads that don't sacrifice any tone. Keep Going!

9. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

That's what Walter has always done, for well over 30 years, now. :thumbsup:

Joshua Pickenpaugh and Bob_Ross like this.
  10. mikkoantt

mikkoantt

Jul 5, 2012
    Finland
    How much these costs today? Does these allow 240 volts? I'm from Finland and I'm very interested about these amps.

11. Greg Lukasik

Greg Lukasik

Jan 26, 2006
    Nbg, Germany
    There is a switch on the back of it, in one position the amp takes 90-130 Volts, in the other position 180-260Volts, 50-60 Hz, so with a travel plug adapter collection you are ready to hit every stage on the planet.

12. ETWard

ETWard

Jan 30, 2017
    Many years ago, I found one in a pawn shop for the sum of $200. They wouldn't take a down payment to remove it from display and I was unemployed. I gathered the cash within a week. Absolutely the finest amp I ever owned.