Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth Gecko basses

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bongo499, Feb 9, 2005.

1. bongo499

bongo499

Jan 10, 2005
    syosset
    i am seriously thinking on buying parts from warmoth gecko bass and creating my own bass. i have never done this. has anyone herd about this or knows if they include instructions to do such things as wiring and extc.. Or if you have to buy your own book on wiring. i am looking ast the warmoth gecko 5 string bass if you wanna checkit out on their site warmoth.com... thanx :bassist:

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    If you're worried about the wiring, you can buy a complete bass from them. Granted, it'll cost you more, but at least you'll not have that worry. I don't actully know if they come with diagrams et cetera, but it's not that hard, and most electronics manafacturers put the diagrams on their websites for you. Besides that it'd be bolt together, solder up, setup and play.

Ray

3. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    Add in stain/paint if you don't get a prepainted body.

Duncan has some really good wiring diagrams on their pickup site.

I've been thinking of going this route for my next bass. Though I might just get a replacement body and neck for my pbass using warmoth parts. I've also been thinking about Carvin's kits.

4. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    No, actually we don't assemble basses, we just sell the parts. If you're worried about assembly you could have somebody like Nino Valenti do it for you. It's really up to your own skills and how much you want to get your hands dirty. :)

All of the pickups and preamps we sell come with wiring diagrams and instructions, though the Duncan preamps are probably the easiest to wire.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Oh, I'm sorry then *embarrased*, I could've sworn, especially the Geckos can be bought pre-assembled. My mistake, I apologize.

Ray