1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth jazz bass control cavity too small?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jesseallen, Mar 11, 2008.

1. jesseallen

jesseallen

Dec 7, 2007
    Building a Warmoth Jazz bass and came up with a problem of the control cavity being too small for full size solid shaft CTS pots...the neck pickup pot prevents the control plate from meeting the pickguard by hitting the front of the cavity. Between the options of routing the cavity on the body, altering the hole on the control plate, or using smaller mini-pots common sense said to go for the smaller pots. Though I couldn't find a solid shaft 250K mini-pot. What I'm wondering is why this is happening? I believe most Jazz basses use full size pots...am I wrong? Also, be careful when matching pickguards with contol plates. Buy the control plate and the pickguard from the same manufacture. The Stew-Mac pickguard I bought did not match the Warmoth control plate...but will match a Stew-Mac control plate (which is a better thicker quality). Anybody else experience this? John...