1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Bass User Kit

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dose, Apr 7, 2009.

1. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    I'm sure this has been disgusted before somewhere but i didn't a few searches here and didn't find anything so here goes.I just bought a used Warwick Thumb and the seller doesn't have the the user kit. i called a few places GC and a few other locally and no one sells them, they can order but so can i from warwick at 92 euros for shipping :crying: I've also did a few google searches with no results. If anyone has any better leads on them please let me know thanks

2. john flipcycle

john flipcycle

Oct 13, 2004
    Reading UK
    Partner, The Strat Shack www.thestratshack.co.uk
    The current kit comes as a slightly larger than A4 wallet which contains: An instruction guide in a tonne of languages. It looks massive but there is only about 20 pages in each language with information about the wood/electronics etc that Warwick use. Given your bass is an older second hand model the current information for new spec basses isn't going to be accuarate to your spec.

You get the truss rod key and bridge allen keyes.

Warrenty card for your bass. Again not relevant as its not new there isn't a factory warrenty.

It has a big compartment for spare strings and the beeswax polish if your bass needs it.

To be honest the most useful components are the adjustment keyes and if neccessary the beeswax which is essential if you have a natural finish bass. To pay 92 euros for a new wallet is maybe not worth the cost.

3. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    I thought about just buying the few things i need ie the wax and the trus rod tool the Allen wrenches i can get anywhere the prices are not bad at warwick.de for the stuff i need it just the shipping that unreal you would thing that the local music stores would carry this stuff but GC is the only local on here that sells warwick and they say they have nothing.... it just blows my mind no one sells this stuff it must comes form the gods or something or some 100+ year old Chinese guy only make 3 a year or something

4. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Hey, I met that guy.
    Hes 153 and demi-god.
    And its 2.65 a year.

5. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    For those who might want to know i just got an email from the new distributor and they have them on the way from Germany :hyper:

6. ReIgnition

ReIgnition if you are the big tree, we are the small axe...

Aug 10, 2006
    CT
    Where can you buy them !?

7. Call a hardware store. Allen keys, whether English or metric, are common items and butcher's wax is only slightly harder to find. It kills me when people buy items like casters or tools from music stores at a higher price when they could buy the same item from a hardware store for a couple of bucks.

8. Rowka

Rowka

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    SC Johnson or Minwax paste wax (available in the wood stain aisle of any Lowes or Home Depot) is great stuff.

9. ReIgnition

ReIgnition if you are the big tree, we are the small axe...

Aug 10, 2006
    CT
    Good points guys. Thanks

10. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    proofread?

11. basslines21

basslines21

Oct 5, 2009
    Who is the new distributor???