Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette and Soft Light Case

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mwharvey, Apr 1, 2004.

1. mwharvey

mwharvey Mike Harvey

Nov 16, 2003
    San Diego, Ca.
    I just received a Warwick soft light case that I plan to use for a Corvette standard 4 string. At the head end of the neck support area in the top of the case, there is a block of something that sticks out an extra half inch or so from the rest. When the case is closed, the block seems to press pretty hard against the neck. Is that normal? Will it put undue stress on the neck of the bass?

Mike

2. While I hate to bring up an old topic, I think this situation and my experience should be made known.

Since we are speaking about $1-3k basses.

I am not sure what the soft light bass cases are made for, but I'm suspecting some rock basses or something.

Musician's friend said my thumb was to come with a hardshell case. When it didn't, i contacted them and they offered this case and I'd get to keep the gig bag as well. So I went ahead and told them to ship it out to me.

This thing does not fit Thumbs at all. It doesn't fit Vampyres, it doesn't fit Fortresses. From the above poster it doesn't fit corvette's exactly either.

I even tried non-warwick basses.

The only thing I got to fit in this case, and it was still a tight fit mind you, was a Gibson SG guitar lol. It is just not worth the fight anymore, the gig bag is nice so I'll just keep that and maybe take a knife to this case and see what I can carve.

Anyone know of any bass that fits these things?