Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rudetayJP, Dec 7, 2005.

1. rudetayJP

rudetayJP

Jun 24, 2004
    Is it possible to buy Warwick necks alone from anywhere?

I emailed Dana B Goods and they said that they do not sell parts, but that I should check ebay and such.

I'm looking for a fretted 4 string neck to replace the fretless neck on my Corvette Std.

Any tips?

2. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    Hmmm. I talked to the repair guy at Dana B earlier this year to ask them to replace a slightly warped neck on my Streamer and they told me they could do it for something like $350 or $375? Maybe they can replace a damaged neck but won't sell one outright?

3. rudetayJP

rudetayJP

Jun 24, 2004
    Perhaps, but $375 for a neck seems a bit steep considering I could buy I used fretted corvette on eBay for $400-500.

Perhaps that's what I should try?

4. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    Unless you want both necks, I would suggest just selling your fretless and buying a fretted corvette.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    +1

6. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    I'm in the same predicament, except I have a fretted and want a fretless. Perhaps we can help each other? What year is your Corvette?

7. RE:PEAT

RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sounds like you might be able to trade necks with someone. Another suggestion...I have a Corvette $$ fretless that I recently put Dunlop 6230's on. Cool thing is that I now have an ebony neck with vintage frets, something I wanted but not offered by Warwick. The ash body/ebony board combo is sweet. Good luck.

8. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Not to hijack this thread, but....

I'm glad to hear you like that combo. I have a 5 string Warwick FNA Jazzman LTD 2004 on the way that has a swamp ash body, Koa top (Ekanga in between), Ovangkol neck and a fretted Ebony board. It has the MM/J Pup set-up, too.

The only thing I am somewhat concerned about is that I may not like the string spacings. I had a Thumb 5 Bolt-on and I always felt the string spacing was too small.

Oh well, it's such a pretty bass that surely I can sell it quickly if I can't get used to it as I'm sure there are plenty of people hanging out here who like the reduced spacing.