1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick RockBass fret buzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by IbanezBass69, Nov 9, 2010.

1. IbanezBass69

IbanezBass69

Jul 14, 2010
    Minnesota
    Hey guys! I just bought at Warwick RockBass Corvette 5, but am having a small issue. On the B string, the 3rd and 5th frets buzz, and on the E string, just the 3rd fret buzzes. I tried playing with the action on those strings, but nothing. I must add that I can work with my hands, but have almost no idea how to fix a bass. So, does anyone have an idea as to what I might be able to do to fix the issue, or will someone like me have to just bring it in and let the pro's do their work?
    Thanks guys! :bassist:

2. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    Loosen the truss rod a bit. Fret buzzes below 5th or 6th fret indicate that the neck is too straight.

3. IbanezBass69

IbanezBass69

Jul 14, 2010
    Minnesota
    That seems easy enough. How much at a time would be suggested? 1/4 turn? 1/8 turn?

4. grisezd

grisezd

Oct 14, 2009
    Ohio
    I'd go with 1/4 turn loose, then tight again just enough to feel tension. Rinse and repeat after a day or so if the buzz is still there.

5. IbanezBass69

IbanezBass69

Jul 14, 2010
    Minnesota
    Alrighty then guys, thanks a ton! I'll give this a shot, and hopefully this awful sound goes away. Its super annoying seeing as I like to play in the exact lower register this buzz occurs.....