1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick-Rockbass Triumph Lite EUB

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by TolerancEJ, Jan 17, 2013.

1. I wasn't sure if anyone posted this in the EUB/Double Bass forum yet. Warwick will release in 2013 a Rockbass EUB.

It's the Rockbass Triumph Lite
    [​IMG]

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Thanks for the post over here, TolerancEJ. If there's any questions just let me know!

3. The bridge seems to be the same as the Stagg EDBs bridge.
    Maybe the same source for the bridge or the complete instrument made by Stagg?

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Although I'm not certain about the bridge, and will get a definitive answer - we entirely designed this model in Germany, based of our German-made Triumph bass. From the Stagg bridges I've seen, ours appear slightly different. It is made entirely in our facility in China, under the supervision of Warwick Germany. FWIW, I was in Germany during much of the design and testing with the head of the Warwick Germany Custom Shop. Thanks!

[​IMG]

Matt Wilson likes this.
  5. AG42

AG42

Mar 29, 2010
    England, UK
    Can you give us an idea of pricing?

6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
  7. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    When could we realistically expect to see a Triumph Lite on the floor and available to test drive?

8. line6bassist

line6bassist Supporting Member

May 16, 2009
    san antonio/austin
    oh wow......im getting one :hyper:

9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    DoubleMIDI - the bridge system is similar to the Stagg, but different - we are making the Triumph Lite in its entirety in our facility. Thanks again!

10. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    jeffbonny - We will have the Triumph Lite at NAMM, and it should be available in stores in a couple months. Please let me know if you've got any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!

11. bootsox

bootsox

Apr 28, 2012
    Biloxi, MS
    I just saw this posted on another forum, depending on just how close it is to a proper upright sound this might just be my first venture into EUB territory. Hell, as long as it's better than that POS that Dean makes there's a very good chance that this one will be in my arsenal by the end of the year

12. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
    Looking at the picture i wonder why they put the felt washers on the top side of the bridge, and not between the ballend and the bridge. :rolleyes:

13. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    The Dean Pace is nothing more than a fretless BG neck mounted vertically; it's nothing like an EUB at all.

The Triumph Lite is pretty sweet, and if it's anything like its much older, German brother (and knowing Warwick, it is), this is going to make a lot of the other EUB builders a bit nervous.

Quick question, Garey. Does the Triumph take actual upright bass strings, or do you need a proprietary brand?

14. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    No mag pickup?

15. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Jon - The Triumph Lite uses 3/4 scale upright strings. I hope this helps!

salcott - The Triumph Lite is using Piezo pickups only. It was a big hit at the 2013 NAMM show! Please let me know if you've got any other questions. Thanks!

16. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    As I posted in the other thread on this bass, I was standing right next to Steve as this was filmed....it was in an incedibly loud environment, but our videographer had a small mic on a BC20 combo amp. Played through a full rig at loud volume it sounds stunning...but something we could only do before or after the show, due to the NAMM Sound Control guys!

17. Garey, did they capture you in any of the NAMM videos?

18. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Haha...just some brief walk-through's. I try to stay out of the way of the videographer... Thanks!

19. Is there any thought of making a 5-string version???
    What a great sounding upright!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021