1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Thumb specs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bajerovaquero, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Soon I will end my first project five string necktrough maple-ash ebony fingerboard, V-V-T with series switch blah blah:hyper:

Pictures soon

I bought a set of Bartolini 59 cbdj deep.
    I like the pickup placement of thumb bass, the one with both pickups angled, certainly it has a lot to do with the agressive edgy focused sound of the instrument.
    Any opinion on this kind of placement on my project?

Due to string compensation maybe its easier measure from 24th fret.

Apologies for bad english...

Have a nice day

2. OK, here's my opinion: I actually don't like the pickup placement on the 5-string Thumb Basses. I've got a 1992 neck-through model 5-string Thumb, and on the 5-string Warwick moves the neck pickup substantially closer to the bridge compared to the 4-string. Indeed, this does make the sound punchier, and Warwick may also have done it to avoid the dreaded flabby-B-string problem. But you lose some of the lowest-possible bass sounds by doing that, and I could never get that low, low reggae/dub sound from my Thumb when I wanted it. I'd prefer the neck pickup on the five string to be closer to the neck than it is. And it is on my new Lakland!!!

Just one opinion.......