1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick with EMG

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ndrly, Jun 2, 2007.

1. If I ever get any Warwick basses, I think I'll have them equipped with EMG pickups or something...

Warwick Thumb (EMG J/J)
    Warwick Streamer Stage I (EMG P/J)
    Warwick Streamer Stage II (EMG J/J)
    Warwick Streamer $$ (EMG MMTW/MMTW)
    Warwick Streamer Jazzman (EMG J/MMTW)
    Warwick Infinity (EMG J/MMTW)
    Warwick Dolphin (EMG J/MMTW)
    Warwick Stryker (EMG 35P4/35P4)

Check out the EMG website if you're unsure what pickups I'm talking about.

2. Warwicks rule with EMG PU's.
    I've got a Streamer Stage II with EMG's and I believe I'm going to change over to EMG's on my Thumb and Corvette Proline.

3. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    Sound clips?

4. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I never played any of the Wicks with the EMGs, but I used to really like the ones I played back in the day that had Barts in them. I've thought about plopping either EMGs or Barts in my vette.... but I really like the sound I get now (thought I'd never say that about those MECs) so it's kind of a if it ain't broke thing.

5. I had a BO thumb 5 with EMG's & it was the honkiest bass I have ever owned. Great slap & finger sound ever!! Traded it on my custom NT5 with basslines. Cant beat EMG's to cut through the mix!

Cheers
    Rusty

6. Too bad Warwick doesn't have that wide a range of EMG pickups in the custom shop, though...

And EMG should make direct replacement pickups for Precision, Jazz and MusicMan style pickups spaced for 5, and 6 string basses. We don't ALL want soapbar humbuckers in our extended range basses.

7. Papersen

Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    I own a Corvette Proline with EMG (and Aguilar OBP-1) and it`s a big improvement over the stock MEC pickups.
    However, I don`t think they`ll "enhance" every WW bass. For instance, this one has a solid flamed maple body that`s sonically different from a bubinga or ash body.

Here`s a couple of clips I`ve recorded right to my PC:

Slap 1
    Slap 2
    Fingerstyle

I`d like to try some Barts or SD someday to see the difference. Unfortunately, I have to choose between this and my Zon Sonus, and the Zon will stay.

8. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    i've got a vette FNA an have thought about changing the mecs to emgs or barts. can anybody advice me what the sound difference of these will be?

9. Thanks for posting those clips. They sound awesome!
    They sound similar to my Proline (completely stock) but with better clarity. The notes seemed to be defined better.
    The sound clips have reinforced my decision to go with EMG's/Aguilar for my Proline. Thanks again! :)

10. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Best example of a Warwick Streamer with EMG's (PJ Set) is Mike Inez with Alice in Chains (at least in my opinion).

11. Actually I think Mike Inez uses a Spector bass

12. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I've seen him with both....

[​IMG]

13. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Aren't those MECs on that Wick? I have a Spector with a double and single jazz setup (5). and I just lust over Mike's sound. Even with Heart on the video! He used his shark Warwick in it. Controls are all bashed in and repaired.

14. don't forget old Buzzy.....

EntwistleBuzzard.gif

15. malicous

malicous

Apr 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That is a very nice sounding bass. I played a Corvette with Basslines and an OBP-1, and it didn't sound as good, IMO.

16. Papersen

Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    Thanks, it's a great bass indeed, and like I've said before probably my favourite Warwick.

Unfortunately, I've never got used to the thick neck profile and had to let go. My Zon remains as my main fiver.

17. warwick with emgs? like 2 try one of those!! :]

18. Does anyone have any Warwicks with EMG pickups? If so, could you upload any pictures?

19. awesome tone!!! damn

20. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I put Big Splits in my Streamer Stage One V :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021