Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Washburn Taurus T25 ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fozzy, Dec 10, 2003.

1. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
  2. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i'd like to get some real world experience info on this too~

seems like a great deal, under $500 for a neck through...

[​IMG]

3. mjl422

mjl422

Jul 3, 2002
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Jerzy Drozd should sue them over that design.

5. My buddy just bought that bass. After about 2 1/2 hours of going thru every 5 string he could afford, and some he couldn't, he picked the Taurus.

Even though it's listed some places as an active bass, it's passive. The tone is killer, it sounds like a Corvette. The output is weak though, maybe you could raise the pickups up a little to get more volume. The string spacing is (what I would say) right in the middle. Not too tight and not full blown, probalby around 17.5mm.

I would recommend it. It is a very nice bass, and very affordable. Only thing I don't like is the chrome hardware, but that's what Jerzy Drozd uses on theirs, so it's a faithfull ripoff!

6. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    i actually played 1 at my local shop a month ago
    it sounded great, i think it was a thru neck and had good sustain. easy to play for me. sounded phat especially the lows.
    i say if you buy it you wont be disappointed

7. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    Thanks for feedback.. I think that i'll buy this bass... design is grat , looks like Warwick :p
    he hee... :D
    :bassist: Rock on !!
    Peace!!

8. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I say he should lower his prices to compete :D

9. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    I like it ,I like it,I like it,I like it,I like it,I like it,I like it,I like it ....
    I saw this bass at local shop, i can say only one, this baby will be mine .. :D

Pease

10. It looks good, but Washburn has such a bad reputation for quality control, I would proceed with caution.

I purchased a new Washburn acoustic guitar over the internet about two years ago. Not a bottom of the line model, but one that cost around $500. The neck set was so bad as to be almost unplayable. I had to return it.

11. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    That's the first quality control problem i've ever heard with washburn. :confused:

12. I don't know where you've been. I've seen lots of reviews in magazines that are less than stellar (putting it mildly).

The action was so high on this particular instrument as to be almost unplayable. I turned the truss rod so many times that I was afraid it would snap, and that would be the end of my warranty. So I just sent it back to MF.

I forget the model number, and it's no longer being made. It was a parlor sized guitar.

I wasn't sad b/c the tone sucked anyway. It was a pretty instrument, though. Lots of ablam inlays and a nice gloss finish.

I ended up with an Epi acoustic and it's FANTASTIC.

13. im getting that bass for christmas and its actually pretty good. the spacing is nice, the neck is perfect, not to thick feels great, it is extreamly light and has a increadbly nice sound. i found that when i hit the low b sting the sound was very warm and clean. (if u were wondering i am getting it for 800 canadian with the hard shell case, i had to try and get the dealer to lower the price a bit)

14. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    congratulations on your new toy.
    when you can, post pics and a complete review!!!
    :D

15. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    i like the finish of that bass! its sounds good for sure too! ;)

16. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Considering the fact that it's Washburn, Jerzy would have to get in (a LONG) line! ;)